This notice explains what information and how we use the information that we collect from you.
The Information We Collect
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the “The Malaysian Insight” applications for iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, and other devices and platforms, hereafter referred to as simply FM.
• We do not collect any personally identifiable information from you.
• TMI occasionally needs to collect information for convenience, practicality, or technical requirements. This information includes the addresses and contents of the screens you view within the application.
• TMI also collects and stores information automatically and through the use of electronic tools that may be transparent to our visitors. For example, we may log the name of your Internet Service Provider, your IP address, and information provided by and about your Internet browser. As we adopt additional technology, we may also gather similar information through other means.
The Way We Use Information
We use the information you provide to operate FM’s features. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to accomplish FM’s functionality.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design TMI, to suggest popular content to users, and to share with advertisers and publishers. For example:
• We may tell an advertiser or publisher that X number of people visited a certain area on our application. When information is used in this or a similar manner, we do not disclose anything that could be used to identify the individuals on whom the information is based.
• We may disclose your information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims.
• We may disclose your information when we believe it necessary or desirable in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our policies, and/or to protect our rights and property.
• In the future, we may sell, buy, merge, or partner with other companies or businesses. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets.
How To Contact Us
Changes To This Policy
TMI reserves the right to change this policy at any time. Please check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of FM following the posting of changes to this policy will mean you accept those changes.